7 - Everything is better when we make peace with ourselves

By feranlestari - July 27, 2019

I used to be sceptical about that. But today, I proved it.

Before, I often said to myself, 'we are just not good enough compared to other, we are slower, weaker. Just can't catch up'.

Most of my college friend doesn't really believe if I say 'it's hard for me to catch up in this worklife'. They believe it is just natural for me to be excellent regarding how I managed my college GPA. I just want to laugh at myself HAHA. I just realized what everyone said before: 'Real life starts when you end college life'.

Due to my inferiority, sometimes I just back and forth in planning. Nothing was done. I was just lost even before starting ever. But today, I realize that one thing prevent me to improve was none but my unreasonable fear.

It is fact that I am slower, I am weaker, I am more stupid. But nothing should drag me down. It is okay to be slower, it is okay to be weaker, and it is just okay to be more stupid than others. Everything is just okay as long as I keep improving myself. Just as what my supervisor said to me, 'it is better to improve slowly than never'.

I know it seems to be an excuse from me. And that's why I thank him a lot for saying it to me. It means a lot to me. To the inferior me back then. He always put hope on me when even I don't. He trust me when I'm not. Everyone says I can achieve more than I have, but just why I can't hold more into myself?

Today, I managed to finish what I had been scared of to even start. It takes more time for me to finish, maybe. But sure, I learned a lot! And this just prove that I am still worth enough as long as I don't give up 😊

One thing I should remember is it's okay to be more flexible, to believe in others. Everyone can accept me as long as I accept them too 🙂

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments